Saturday, January 25, 2014

end of the month

DSC00664DSC00670DSC00672DSC00680DSC00668DSC00673
The way it normally works is that the missionaries have interviews one month, specialized training one month and zone conferences one month, then we start the quarter cycle over again. When the missionaries came in for their leadership meeting, they put forward ideas for the specialized training and then we prepared and practiced for those days.
DSC00677DSC00669DSC00674DSC00667DSC00675DSC00678DSC00679
Because we are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission, it was great for me to do a spiritual thought about the tree of life. I put together this little video with pictures from the internet as an introduction to the theme with music that is also called Tree of Life by Audiomachine.
 
We talked about the tree representing the love of God and that they, themselves are also trees of life in a way. They always have such great ideas and comments. I don’t know that I have ever enjoyed teaching more than I do in this scenario. About mid-way, I showed them another video addressing death. Their heartfelt comments brought tears to my eyes as they related the two to missionary work.
An Undertaking from Dark Rye on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment