Tuesday, June 24, 2014

the long goodbye

One of the strangest experiences for me in the mission has been our long goodbye. We have had stake conferences almost every Sunday for the past two months and every Sunday we say goodbye. It didn’t actually seem all that real until our beautiful experience with the missionaries last Wednesday. And now here we are just days away from leaving.

This is not going to be my last post, but we have some very busy days coming up and so this morning I wanted to take a minute to write a few things.

I have had quite a a lot of questions about the blog. My daughter helped me set it up before the mission and at that time, the expectation was that it would be an avenue to share our mission with our family. This morning with 485,000 pageviews, I realize that my family has grown significantly in every way.  I am always pleased to know when it has brought a moment of joy or given a bit of information. I appreciate more than I can express the love and support that I have felt through this medium.

It has been my joy and pleasure to serve the mission in this way.DSC02401
At this time, the Robertsons do not plan to continue with the blog. They will have their own traditions and talents to share. However, this blog will continue to stay on the internet. In a few months, I will post the link to the last blog book, as well.

We will return to North Carolina to visit with our children and grandchildren before returning home to Florida. We have plans to go to Utah for conference in October. It would be wonderful to meet with our missionaries and/or their families, if they are available. I will post some updates about that when the time is closer.

In any scenario, I will always keep our contact information updated on the blog tab at the top where is says “Contact Information.”

We always say that the missionaries have cement shoes because when it is time to go, we have the hardest time getting everyone moving. Not to mention the fact that in Argentina everyone has to have their own special goodbye acknowledgement. It is actually a tradition that I have come to love. I find that I am wearing cement shoes these days! So, with that in mind, I will post our goodbye video. Just know that you can expect to see a few more posts as we finalize our time here in the mission.

In an electronic world, I am grateful to be able to send out my love, but just know that from the bottom of my heart, I hope that it comes very personally to each and every reader!
Sincerely,
Hermana Carter


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Brother and Sister Carter for all you do. The blog especially helped me adjust to being a missionary mom. It was so great to look and see my son and that he was well and happy. This is a great service and it has meant a lot to me.
    Kristie Collins Jacobsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Carter, you did a fantastic thing by putting this blog together. I can't count the number of times we went to the site to read, watch and learn about all the wonderful things that were happening in the mission. We especially appreciated seeing our son looking so happy as a missionary. God bless both of you as you prepare for "normal" life.
    - Tim and Ilona Pradzinski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your all that you have done for members and missionaries alike these past three years!! I have especially appreciated the blog. It has been fun as well as comforting to catch a glimpse of Norah in the pictures and to read about the goings on in the mission that I don't hear about in her emails. I'm so happy that she has been able to serve with you both and enormously grateful for your love and service! We will pray for a gentle transition for you back to "civilian" life.
    Jennifer Ashby

    ReplyDelete