Tuesday, March 19, 2013

a day in the life of… or whatever happened to castelar?

DSC09839
Today I needed to stay home because we have been waiting for a piece of furniture, really since last November, that was supposed to be delivered. So, Presidente headed off to Castelar without me for the interviews.
While I was waiting at home, I spent some time taking care of some of the mission finances. This is an online task that shouldn’t take too long. We have three kinds of internet at our house, and I still find myself without any internet options because service is often sporadic. In fact, I am happy every time I can finish a blog AND get it posted! So, you can correctly imagine, that it was a start-stop task.
One of the outside security lights on the house was not functioning. Someone from the church came by to figure out what the problem was and ended up working on it most of the day, because we soon realized that there were other lights that also had issues.
Later, when Brianna returned home from school, we got our carts and did some grocery shopping together. I love the convenience of being able to grocery shop without a car!
Normally, when I am home, I will have a Spanish class, but I did not have one today, however, I did have a tennis lesson. I am always especially happy when I have that opportunity. Even though the weather was drizzly and the coach was wearing a rain slicker, I was able to get in an hour this afternoon because the courts are red clay so the water didn’t matter.
Actually, it was a fairly typical “stay-at-home” day for me, including the fact that the furniture that I waited for never did show up.
This evening when I asked about pictures from Castelar, I learned that there were
NO PICTURES
from Castelar. As you know, it makes me happy to post pictures.  I often think as I write:
“This is what your missionary looked like today!”
Presidente loves the one-on-one time with the missionaries, and I am quite certain that they feel the same about the time they spend with him. He and the office elders are normally really good at helping me out when I am not with them. It just didn’t happen in Castelar. Unfortunately, some days are like that…even when I am there. I am always sad when a missionary or group of missionaries gets missed.
So, I am very sorry to say that the only picture I have to share, is the one that I took this evening, of our security lights, now functioning,  and the shopping carts, now empty.

Hoy necesitaba quedarme en casa porque estábamos esperando un mueble, en realidad desde noviembre que va a llegar. Entonces el Presidente fue a Castelar sin mi para las entrevistas.
Mientras esperaba en casa, pase algunos momentos haciendo los finanzas de la misión. Es una tarea por internet y no debo tardar mucho tiempo. Tenemos tres tipos de internet en casa y todavía me encuentro a mi misma sin opciones de internet porque el servicio no es bueno. El hecho es que estoy feliz cada vez cuando puedo terminar un blog y ponerlo en el sitio. Entonces fue un tarea de empezar y parar. Una de las luces de seguridad no estaba funcionando afuera. Alguien de la iglesia vino ver que estaba pasando y trabajo casi todo el día porque nos dimos cuenta que había otras luces que no estaban funcionando tampoco.

Mas tarde cuando Brianna regreso de su escuela hicimos algunos compras en el supermercado. Me gusta la conveniencia de comprar sin un auto. Normalmente, cuando estoy en casa, tengo una clase de castellano, pero hoy, no, sin embargo tuve una lección de tenis. Siempre estoy feliz cuando tengo esta oportunidad. Aunque el clima fue feo y el entrenador estaba llevando un piloto para la lluvia, pude jugar una hora esta tarde porque las canchas son de tierra entonces la lluvia no es muy peligrosa.
En realidad fue un día en casa muy típico para mi, incluso el hecho que el mueble no vino. Esta noche cuando le pregunte al Presidente acerca de las fotos de Castelar, aprendí que no había fotos de Castelar. Como saben, estoy feliz cuando tengo fotos. Muchas veces estoy pensando mientras escribo
Es su misionero hoy.
Al Presidente le gusta su tiempo uno a uno con los misioneros y estoy segura que ellos sienten lo mismo con el tiempo que ellos tienen con el. El y los elderes de la oficina normalmente son buenos ayudando me cuando no estoy con ellos. No paso hoy en Castelar. Mala suerte, algunos días son asi...cuando estoy con ellos tambien. Estoy triste cuando un misionero o grupo de misioneros no tiene una foto.
Entonces estoy muy triste de decir que la única foto que tengo para compartir es la que saque esta noche de nuestras luces de seguridad, ahora funcionando, y los carritos ahora vacío.

No comments:

Post a Comment