Sunday, May 13, 2012

mother’s day

Presidente is a wonderful husband. My friends are often jealous of his shopping prowess and desire to please me. He takes extraordinary care to make sure that my birthday and Christmas and super special events in my life. So it really wouldn’t be fair to complain about Mother’s Day. Let’s just say that it is NOT his thing. I have come to be okay with that. It has been made easy by the fact that I have four attentive daughters who go the extra mile to make me feel extra special on Mother’s Day. They did that this year too, even from far, far away. But something else happened this year too…
I found out what it was like to have sons on Mother’s Day. I received kind messages in person from missionaries here via a phone call or a moment spent together in person, and I was thrilled with the thoughtful messages that I received on Facebook from some of my missionary sons that are home now celebrating with their mothers.
I also received a little video from the office elders that I am posting because their own words and the words they share from Elder Holland are a tribute to the wonderful-ness of all mothers everywhere.
I want to express my great joy in having missionary sons and daughters, how I love them! and how grateful I am for each and every one of their extraordinary mothers!
El Presidente es un esposo excelente. Mis amigas están celosas de sus promesas de compras y su deseo de complacerme. El siempre se preocupa de que mi cumpleaños y Navidad sean eventos súper especiales en mi vida. Entonces, no es justo quejarse acerca del Día de la Madre.
Digamos que no es su especialidad. Estoy bien con eso. Es mas fácil porque tengo cuatro hijas atentas que hacen mucho esfuerzo para hacerme sentir extra especial. Este año lo hicieron otra vez de muy muy lejos. Pero algo mas paso este año también...

Descubrí que sentir tener hijos el Día de la Madre. Recibí mensajes lindos de misioneros en persona o por teléfono o momentos que pasamos juntos y estaba encantada con mensajes considerados que recibí en Facebook de algunos de mis misioneros hijos que están en casa ahora celebrando con sus propias mamas.

También recibí un video corto de los elderes en la oficina que estoy compartiendo porque sus propias palabras y las palabras de Elder Holland son un tributo a lo increíble que son las madres en todo el mundo.

Quiero expresar mi gozo de tener hijos misioneros. Cuanto los quiero! Y cuan agradecida por cada una de sus madres extraordinarias.

No comments:

Post a Comment