Thursday, June 14, 2012

we are true

A number of years ago…like 25, when I was the primary music leader, a member of our ward, Bruce Jones, composed a song for our primary based Alma 53:20-21. Over time, I have taught that song many times. As I prepared for our mission, I grabbed the music thinking that I might use it once again. In every instance, it has  proved to be a beautiful experience for me…but never like it was last week.
Last week, my missionaries learned the song. Just as we were finishing up, I remembered to ask if someone would grab the video camera. I think you will enjoy it too.
“And they were all young…and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were…true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted…for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him.” Alma 53:20-21

Hace muchos anos...como 25, cuando era la líder de la música en nuestra primaria, un miembro, Bruce Jones, escribió una canción para nuestra primaria basada en las escrituras Alma 53:20-21. En este tiempo enseñe esta canción muchas veces. Cuando prepare a nuestra misión, traje la música, pensando que tal vez voy a usarla otra vez. En cada momento ha sido una experiencia linda para mi..pero nunca como la semana pasada. La semana pasada mis misioneros aprendieron la canción. Justo antes de terminar, recordé pidir si alguien tenia la filmadora. Pienso que Uds. va a disfrutar también.

No comments:

Post a Comment