Sunday, October 6, 2013

extra blessings

photo
Conference Saturday at the mission home, tuned into the laptop.
I think I have loved conference all my life. I grew up in southern California in the olden days and I can remember listening to conference on the radio. I think that the first time I ever saw it live was when I was a student at BYU, and in those times, conference lasted three days. I couldn’t imagine why we had to go to class when conference was on. Fortunately, and I got to see quite a lot of it on the various monitors around campus.
Later, when we lived in England for four years, there was no live feed, satellite or otherwise. We received conference on tapes. “Our” conference weekend was always scheduled for the first weekend in November to allow plenty of time for the tapes to arrive from Salt Lake. I remember standing in the chapel with tears streaming down my face for the joy of being able to watch conference, albeit a month late.
What a blessing we now have, to be able to watch conference live from almost anywhere in the world. An extra blessing for us was our returned missionaries that stopped by via Facebook to say hello. The relationship we share with our missionaries means the world to us and we have every expectation it will continue into the eternities.
photo
Update: 7 October
IMAG0104

And can I just say that it was pretty fantastic getting these pictures from the Hermanas Reunion this morning!


IMAG0105IMAG0106
Conferencia Sábado en la casa de la misión.

Pienso que he amado la conferencia toda mi vida. Crecí en el sur de California en los dias antiguos y puedo recordar escuchar la conferencia por medio de la radio. Pienso que la primera vez que la vi en vivo fue cuando era una estudiante asistiendo BYU, y en esta época la conferencia duro 3 dias. No pude imaginar porque necesitábamos asistir a clases cuando había conferencia general. Por suerte, pude ver mucho por medio de los monitores alrededor del campus.

Mas adelante, cuando vivimos en Inglaterra por 4 anos no había una transmisión en vivo, satélite, ni nada. Recibimos la conferencia en cintas. Nuestro fin de semana de conferencia fue planeado para el primer fin de semana en Noviembre para dar mucho tiempo para que las cintas lleguen de Lago Salado. Recuerdo estar parada en la capilla con lagrimas cayendo en mi cara por el gozo que pude ver la conferencia, no importa que fue un mes mas tarde.

Que bendición tenemos verla en vivo por casi todo el mundo. Una bendición extra para nosotros fue nuestros misioneros retornados que pasaron vía Facebook a decir hola. Nuestra relación que compartimos con nuestros misioneros significa el mundo para nosotros y tenemos cada expectativa que va a continuar para siempre.j

Y puedo decir fue maravilloso recibir estas fotos de la reunión de las hermanas esta mañana.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with all you do keeping up this blog. As a mother it is a little piece of heaven every week for me to read everything that is going on in Buenos Aires. My son Elder Conrad just emailed to let me know his visa is finally coming and he will be flying out on Oct. 22nd. Tears of joy streamed down my face for him! Thank you for all you do for these Elder's and Sister's under your care. I know he will be in good hands and I appreciate all your efforts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updating us on our missionaries! I love that you take the time to keep us updated on what is going on in the mission field. Thank you also for all the helpful hints and tips for communicating with them too.

    ReplyDelete