Monday, August 6, 2012

there is a lot of kissing going on

I was not a huggy, kissy kind of person, so I wondered how that was all going to play out when we were called to serve in Argentina, being well aware of the traditions here. I’ll tell you exactly how it has played out…
Sometimes when we are sitting on the stand in Sacrament Meeting, I look out over the congregation and think, “I have kissed almost every single person in this room.” When I say almost every single person, I mean all the men, women and children. The only two people in the room that I haven’t kissed are the two that I know the best! Then with almost a sense of wonder, I realize that…I am going to kiss them all again before I leave today!
How can you not feel loved and welcome when everyone you meet wants to hug and kiss you, and they certainly don’t want you to leave until they have kissed you goodbye?
Recently, I received a message from one of our returned missionaries that said something like, I look forward to giving you a big hug the next time I see you. It made my day! Sometimes the Pastores are asked about something that is different now than before their mission. I would have to answer that by saying that now, I hug and kiss e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e!
Presidente and I have been scheduled for 7 days over the next few weeks to work at the Temple Open House. They are long days since the Open House is from 9 to 9. Today the official tally for attendance was 1,047. I kissed a lot of people!
photophoto2
But not these two! I took their picture instead.photo3
They were at the Temple on their P-day with an investigating family. I am pretty sure that they were as surprised to see us as we were to see them. I am aware that the missionaries often go the extra mile in their service, but I hardly ever have the opportunity to catch them in the act.

No soy una persona de abrazos y besos entonces no pude imaginar como todo va a pasar cuando recibimos nuestro llamamiento para servir en Argentina, con ojos abiertos acerca de las tradiciones acá. Voy a decirles exactamente como ha pasado.

Algunas veces cuando estamos sentados en frente de todos en la reunión sacramental, miro sobre la congregación y pienso he besado casi cada persona en este cuarto. Cuando digo casi todos, significa todos los hombres, las mujeres y los ninos. Los únicos en el cuarto que no he besado son los dos que yo conozco mejor que todos. Entonces con incredulidad me di cuenta que voy a besar a todos otra vez antes de salir hoy!

Como es posible no sentir el amor y la bienvenida cuando todos los que encuentro quieren abrazarla y besarla y seguramente ellos no quieren que ud salgo hasta que ellos le hayan besado tampoco.

Recién, recibí una carta de uno de nuestros misioneros retornado que dijo algo como, voy a esperar ansioso un abrazo grande la próxima vez cuando vea. Me alegro el día.

Algunas veces los Pastores tienen una pregunta sobre como su vida es diferente ahora de antes de su misión. Seguramente tengo que decir que ahora abrazo y beso a t-o-d-o-s!

El Presidente y yo tenemos un horario por 7 días sobre las próximas semanas para trabajar en la Casa Abierta. Estos días son largos porque la Casa Abierto es de 9 a 9. Hoy el numero oficial de asistencias fue 1,047. Bese un montón de gente.

Pero estos dos, no! Saque su foto en lugar de un beso.

Ellos fueron al Templo en su P-day con una familia de investigadores. Estoy casi segura que ellos estaban sorprendidos de vernos como estábamos sorprendidos de ver los. Yo se que los misioneros hacen un esfuerzo muy grande muchas veces en su servicio pero casi nunca tengo la oportunidad de verlos en el acto.

No comments:

Post a Comment